Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Reverse Culture Shock - Re-Adjusting to Life in America

I spent about 10 years give or take in Japan, so it has been a part of my life for a long time.  Plus the years before when I studied Japanese and enjoyed a lot of the aspects of Japanese culture like Japanese music, Japanese movies, and Japanese dramas.  Moving back to the USA of course comes with a little bit of "Reverse Culture Shock".  So to help with it, it's a good thing to not go completely cold turkey.  I still watch Japanese videos on YouTube and other places like Crunchy Roll.  I still follow Japanese car culture, and other aspects of life in Japan.

San Antonio, Texas doesn't have the biggest Japanese community, but there are a few places that I can go to get my Japanese fix.  One of the best ones is an Asian supermarket that has A LOT of Korean food and a good amount of Japanese food and snacks too.  Here is a little video I did.  Next I will hit up Minnano a Japanese store in San Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment